August 21, 2012

An Experiment in Cooking: Artichoke Hearts

 One of the things we picked up at Trader Joes was frozen artichoke hearts. I love artichokes but fresh ones are such a pain to prepare. I've never been able to find them frozen before so I was anxious to try these.

 The ingredients I used pictured above are:
1 package of frozen artichoke hearts from Trader Joes
olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
2 green onions
1 lime
salt
pepper
vegetable broth
parmesan cheese


 I minced the garlic and onion and put it in a hot pan with a little olive oil and let it simmer for about a minute. 

 Then I placed the frozen artichoke pieces in the pan. I cut the lime in half and squeezed the juice of the whole lime over the artichokes. Next I added some salt and pepper.

 I then immediately added about a cup of vegetable broth to the pan and let it simmer for about 8-10 minutes. I wanted the liqued to cook out.

Right at the end I added a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and let it melt for a few seconds before removing from the heat. 

The final product. It was SO yummy. I chose to have the artichoke hearts alone and as my main course but they would also be very good tossed with some pasta or as a side dish to a protein if that's what you choose.

By the way Shelby and I did a guest post over on Kristen's blog today so get over there and check that out.
Until next time
XOXO
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment