August 13, 2012

A little art and culture



After tea on Sunday we continued on to the MET (Metropolitan Museum of Art). There was a special fashion exhibit called "Impossible Conversations" about Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada that I wanted to check out before it closes next weekend. The museum, and especially that exhibit, were packed but we managed to explore and see stuff regardless of the crowds. Shelby and I had both been to the MET before but never together. We might have had a little to much fun...


We explored the gardens of Versailles.

 And even visited a tomb in Egypt.
 

The MET is in Central Park and I love how in parts of the museum you get glimpses of the park. 

 Probably my favorite part of the whole museum is the roof. Every summer there is a new art installation and this summer the piece is by Tomas Saraceno. While the shape is different it reminded me of "The Bean" in Chicago.

 Can you spot Shelby and I?

Another great thing about the roof of the MET are the great views. I love the mix of the trees from the park mixed with the city buildings. 

Until next time
XOXO
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment