March 18, 2013

Trend of the Week: Spring Nail Art

I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for a little spring around here. It's still to cold in NYC to change over to my spring wardrobe but I've started to introduce spring in another way- my nails! Pastel colors are very in this spring and I saw this tutorial on Pinterest so I thought I would give it a try. It was actually a lot easier to do than I thought it would be.

First, paint your nails with a nude color. I used Essie's Topless and Barefoot.

Pick out a variety of pastel colors that compliment each other. I used 4 colors but you could easily use more or less. The colors I used left to right are Revlon Minted, Revlon Peachy, Sally Hanson Pink Blink, Essie Lapiz of Luxury, and Essie Topless and Barefoot is pictured again.

After your nude base color is dry drop some polish on a piece of paper then dab it up with a make up sponge. Use the thicker end for more coverage and use the slim end for less coverage.

Stamp your nails with the sponge. Pictured above are my nails after one stamp each. You can do them all the same or you can mix it up and do a differnt pattern with different colors on each nail. 

They turned out something like this. Paint a clear top coat when you are done so all the layers are smooth. 

Full disclosure I practiced on my toes first and they turned out much more blended which is another nice option. To get this look use less saturation of paint on the sponge and use only the thicker end with a very light hand.

What are your favorite nail polish colors for spring? 

Until next time
XOXO
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment