March 8, 2013

My Favorite Recipe!

Hey everyone! I want to share one of my favorite recipes that my mom made at Thanksgiving this past year. I just got around to trying to make it myself this week. She made these amazing pumpkin and ricotta stuffed shells that are to die for! I made them for myself though because Ashley doesn't like them! Don't worry, they are good! She just doesn't like pumpkin unless it's in dessert form. My mom has so many amazing recipes, but this is one of my absolute favorites!

Pumpkin and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
1 pkg. of Jumbo pasta shells
2 fresh garlic cloves
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
1 15 oz. package of ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon of sage
1 tablespoon of green onion
1 jar of roasted poblano alfredo sauce
Parmesan cheese, cumin and black pepper to taste

Start by cooking your pasta following the directions on the box.

While the pasta is cooking mix your pumpkin and ricotta together in a bowl.

 Add your green onion.

And your sage.

Then your two cloves of garlic after they are chopped.

Mix it all together, and add some cumin, black pepper, and parmesan cheese to taste.

After you drain your pasta, lay it out on a cookie sheet to dry and cool. Drizzle a little olive oil on top to keep moist.

Once your shells are cool, spread your Alfredo sauce on the bottom of the pan you are going to cook them in, then stuff and set in the pan. It's that simple! Cover with foil and bake for 30 min at 350 degrees! Take them out, uncover, sprinkle a little parmesan on top and cook for ten more minutes.

And there you have it! The finished project!

Let me know if you try it! I would love to hear some feedback!

Until Next Time!
XOXO
Shelby



No comments:

Post a Comment