September 14, 2013

A Day In The Life of Ashley

So I thought it might be fun to do something a little different and show you a glimpse into a typical day in the life of me. Here we go....

7:30 AM - Wake up
This is a picture of me about 30 seconds after waking up. Don't I look so happy to be awake?
Good morning Pixie! She looks just as thrilled to be awake as I do. 
 
The first thing I have to do in the morning is brush my teeth. Have to.    
As you may or may not know I work from home. This nice little job perk means if I don't get out of my pj's nobody cares. However, most days I do try to get a little ready and get dressed. On this day I had a couple of errands to run before work so I put on a little makeup and got dressed. 
 
8:00 AM - Run Errands
We don't have a washer/dryer in our building and there is nothing I despise more than doing my own laundry. I happen to have a dry cleaner adjacent to my building that does laundry (wash, dry, and fold!) so I always just drop it off there and pick it up later that day.
 After I dropped my laundry I headed around the corner to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte. This is a fairly big Starbucks and the line was almost out the door. I'd never seen it so busy. Must be everyone after those pumpkin spice latte's since we are having beautiful fall weather.
 Got my latte and picked up our copy of WWD off our stoop and I'm heading up the 6 flights of stairs back to my office (aka my apartment).
 
I open the door and catch Pixie in the middle of something she should not have been doing. The little troublemaker was eating a leftover cupcake wrapper she found in Shelby's room. It's funny how every time she eats something she isn't supposed to (chocolate, cheetos, cupcake wrappers) it's something she found in Shelby's room. I swear she goes in there and checks just to see what kind of trouble she can get into even though she knows better.
 
8:30 AM - Work
My "office" is just a corner of the living room but I try to make it cozy by lighting candles. By the way this pumpkin cupcake candle from Bath & Body Works smells amazing! 
I usually have the TV on all day just for some background noise. I typically start with the Today show and then flip around to various day time talk shows as the day goes on. 
9:30 AM - Breakfast
After checking e-mails I'll usually make a quick breakfast. Today I just toasted a whole wheat english muffin and had that with a little peanut butter and some blackberries. 
This is my co-worker, Pixie. She's not a very hard worker. I'm in the market for a better assistant. I find Pixie's sleeping positions throughout the day hilarious. This place by the front door is her favorite for whatever reason. 
11:00 AM - Working Away
1:00 PM - Lunch Break
I usually take my lunch break at 1:00 (depending on what's going on at work) and I'll watch The Chew while I eat. For lunch I usually eat leftovers from the previous night's dinner. Today's was leftover veggie tacos. Shelby and I picked up these habanero lime tortilla's from Trader Joe's and they are YUMMY.
3:00 PM - Still Working
After lunch it's back to work.
 
4:00 PM - Pixie Wants To Play
Around 4:00 every day Pixie decides that my computer is getting way to much attention and she's not ok with it. She always wants to sit in my lap to try to convince me that playing with her is a better idea. 
It never works so she goes off and pouts.
5:30 PM - Done With Work
Depending on the day I try to stick to logging off the computer about 5:30. That's the one bad thing about working from home- with everything accessible sometimes it's hard to "turn off".
6:00 PM - More Errands
With work done for the day I run out to pick up my laundry and a couple other places. I picked up a clay face mask and a black and white cookie and those two exciting things will be an integral part of my evening. My Birchbox also came in the mail! Always an exciting day! It's like Christmas once a month.
If you've never heard of Birchbox you should check it out. It's a beauty subscription club and for $10 a month they'll send you a box with samples of products to try. This is what came in my September box: shampoo and conditioner, a pretty pumpkin color nail polish, a sample of a CC cream, and a pretty coral lipgloss.
 
8:00 PM - Dinner
I got sucked into that new gameshow Million Second Quiz. I find I'm surprisingly good at answering the questions. The app is fun if you have some time to kill. I didn't feel like cooking dinner so that black and white cookie and a glass of wine is what I settled on. That's healthy right? :)
10:00 PM - Bubble Bath
After dinner and flipping around channels on TV for a bit I ended my night with a bubble bath and my new clay face mask. Green is a good color on me. I should audition for Wicked.
 
12:00 AM - Bedtime
Off to bed! That's a day in the life of Ashley.
Hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my daily life. 
 Until Next Time
XOXO
Ashley

P.S. I'm trying out this new photo app on my phone. It's called Rhonna if you want to download it. It's really fun!

1 comment:

  1. Your day seems sooo productive! If you don't mind me asking, what industry are you in? Curious to learn about my options if I decide to work from home. :)

    JanLoves
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete